I think this is the hardest yet most important thing you can do for your family, health, and your business.
Back when I was in the kitchen I was surrounded by nay sayers and those that laughed at the idea of setting goals.
“Why would you set goals if you knew you were going to fail anyways?”
This was the most common comment. So for years I did one thing really well…
I failed to set goals. I thought it was all hogwash.
Almost 3 years retired from the corporate kitchen I will tell you this, I WAS WRONG!
Let’s start with the basics….
How To Completely Fail in 2016
Now why would I start with this as a basic? If you don’t know what to avoid, how can you move forward?
My passion is to help you succeed and to do that I have to be blunt and tell ya like it is.
How To Fail:
- Do Absolutely Nothing This Year
- Never Once Mention Your Business or Service
- Buy a training course and fail to implement anything you learned
- NEVER get uncomfortable and learn new things
- ALWAYS have an excuse of why you couldn’t build your business today
- Try to be everything to everyone
- Trying to do implement everything at once
Get the picture?
I’m a straight forward type of gal and I really wish someone would have been a bit more blunt with me. It took me retiring from the corporate kitchen to do anything.
And then it took 6 months before I started writing goals and implementing what I was learning.
The biggest shift in my business came when I started tracking and setting realistic goals. It’s great to dream big but you have to be able to put those dreams in to daily actionable items. All you need is to do 1 or 2 things a day to move your business forward.
Three Actions To Succeed In 2016
So what does it take to succeed in 2016 beyond your wildest dreams….
As I mention in the audio above, it take 3 things to create fail safe goals for 2016.
- Write out your goals. First go big picture and then pull that back to what you want to accomplish in 90 days. Create 4 quarters to your year. Once you set your 90 day goals, what are your 1 or 2 daily actions that you MUST take to make that happen. (It really is only 1 or 2 things that can change your business)
- Share you goals! Goals and dreams that are hidden or kept a secret never flourish. You have to say OUT LOUD what you want to accomplish. Have an accountability partner or business partner. You have to make your goals public and in a place where you can see them daily. (crucial to success)
- Measure & Track! One of the biggest lessons I learned. Track & Measure what I am doing in my business. Does running an Ad on Facebook serve my business? Is it getting me leads and customers? What LIVE events are you going to? Keep track of small successes.
I found that keeping a calendar by my desk helped me track events, small wins, and who I was meeting. Looking back over the year, I am blown away by what I have accomplished.
We tend to forget what we have done throughout the year.
Success is nothing more than actions taken consistently over time. Make 2016 the year you commit to your goals and focus on your marketing strategy.
Wishing you an amazing New Year. If you need help, please feel free to reach out to me.
If you got value from this post, comment and share. Love hearing from you!
Yours in Gratitude,
Chef Katrina van Oudheusden
Committed to Helping Entrepreneurs Find Success
P.S. Stop the pain of struggling today. There’s an answer waiting on the other side, one simple system that I use to generate 10 to 15 leads a day for my business. (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) Click Here To Learn More