What is the secret on how to write a viral blog post?
What’s going to capture your reader’s attention and keep them on your blog post-reading?
If you are anything like me, you’ve got a list of blogs that you just have to read each day. They inspire you, motivate you, and offer advice that helps you build your business.
Soooo, wouldn’t you love to be one of those blogs that everyone just had to read each and every day?
Imagine, just for a minute what it could do for your business. More likes, more tweets, more engagement. More customers. More leads. Maybe even more money.
Today I am going to share with you a very powerful secret. This is the anatomy of a killer blog post. With this formula, you can start today on creating posts that your readers will enjoy, share, and come back to you each day begging for more. Ready?
5 Key Parts You Need for Your Blog Post
- Headline – You need to spending some time crafting your headline. What is going to grab your readers attention? Use words that are engaging and stir emotions.
- Opening – Have a strong opening or compelling sentence. Let the reader know why they’re on you blog and what to expect if they continue reading.
- A Good List (clear delivery of promise) – If you notice this blog post has a headline, compelling sentence and a list. Give the reader the guts of the blog post. Another tactic is to use the upside down triangle. Give them the conclusion first and then support it will details through the rest of your blog.
- Conclusion/Call to Action – What do you want the reader to do? Buy, share, or click on a link. Let your reader know the action you want them to take.
- End with a Request for Participation – The best thing about a blog is the community. Engage your readers by asking a question and getting them to comment.
How Long Should a Blog Post Be?
This is a great question because the answer I’m going to give you might shock you.
Your blog post needs to be as long as it takes to convey the information your reader needs. To be honest there are a couple of different thoughts on a blog post.
- Have a minimume of 300 words
- Use H1, H2, and H3 in your blog content (these are headers sizes)
- Write as much content as you believe is needed to convey the information your reader is looking for.
- Use Images that support your content
Blogging is all about your reader. Make it easy for them to skim, read, and share your content.
Remember that people are searching the web for only 3 reasons.
- E-commerce (buying)
If you want to be found then you must create content that speaks to your reader.
Blogging is a profitable way to build your business. When you create your blog with the purpose to showcase content and offer products and services, it is important to know how to build a blog that sells without being sales-y.
Curious, do you have a business blog or website? Share how you are using your website to build your business down in the comments. I always love learning about new businesses.
Did you get value from today’s blog post? Please share on your favorite digital media channel. I would love it if you shared on Pinterest & MeWe. Use the share icon below my sign-off.
Yours in Gratitude,
P.S. Stop the pain of struggling today. There’s an answer waiting on the other side, one simple system that I use to generate upwards of 20 leads a day for my business. (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here For Instant Access