How to Add Video to Your Blog
A few of you may be thinking… I have to get in front of a camera?!?! There is no way that is going to happen.
So what if there was a way to do video and not be in the picture?
A few quick resources you have access to.
- Mac users – Screenflow – free and comes with your system.
- PC users – Jing – Free download that will allow you to capture images and video on your computer screen. There is a 5 minute limit but trust me when I say you can share a lot in 5 minutes.
- If you are looking for a more advanced screen sharing and editing software, there is Camtasia. This is available for both PC and Mac users.
- The last option is to use Google Hangouts on Air which will record your screen also. Caution- It will share everything and you have limited editing with YouTube editor. You can download the video and edit but watch for file size depending on length of recording.
For those of you wanting to get in front of the camera, any camera will do. Use your smart phone, video camera, computer camera, or Flip UltraHD Video Camera. I use all of them depending on what I am doing and where I am at.
If you are doing a video a simple outline with keep you focused and on task. Here’s my cheat notes:
1. Introduce yourself and your company (web site)
2. Then them what the video is about ie. “today I am going to share with you three ways you can add video to your blog”
3. Tell them the guts of the video ie. “The first ways is…… ”
4. Tell them what you just told them ie. “So we just talked about the 3 ways you can add video to your blog… screenflow, jing, camtasia… ”
5. Call to action “Subscribe to YouTube Channel, Click on link below, … ”
How To Add Video To Your Post
Now that you have created your video it is time to add it to your post. When adding video to your blog make sure it is relevant to the blog post. I wouldn’t do a post about adding video and then add a video about my summer vacation. Make sure your video flows within the blog post.
And wouldn’t you know… I created a video to show you how easy it is.
Wow! did you notice that the camera cut off the top half of my head?! Weird! LOL
If you got value out of this post on how to add video to your blog, like and share on twitter and facebook using the icons below. Do you have any other resources you can recommend for adding video to your blog, share in the comment section below!
To receive updates to my blog enter your name and email address into the box below.