Top Ten Social Media Networking Tips
Today I want to share with you some Social Media Networking tips. When building your business we tend to focus so much on selling ourselves that we forget that social media is about building relationships. Heck, even I need a reminder every now and then.
Social media networking is more about building relationships than it is about promoting a product or service. The idea that you can hide behind your company logo or brand is becoming a thing of the past. People want to know who they are doing business with. They don’t care about your product or service, they want to know that you care about them first.
But as I stated over and over again, don’t let social media overwhelm you. You don’t have to build your business on every platform.
What you need to do is make sure that you capture your brand across all social media sites and then focus on ONE!
Build relationships on just one platform. Get so good that posting becomes natural and you know the ins and outs of building your business on that social site. Then expand out to the next social site.
If you can afford a team of social media experts you need to make sure that they are pros in just one or two social sites. There is no way they can be great on all of them. There are over 200 social media sites and something is bound to fall through the cracks if you try to do them all yourself.
10 Top Social Media Networking Tips
- Be amusing, interesting or both – people want to relate to you. Be yourself and people will be attracted to you.
- Help people save time and make money – become a value producer
- Avoid hard sell tactics – Remember that people like to buy, they don’t like to be sold
- Offer practical tips that are easy to implement – Keep it short and don’t overwhelm.
- Share Links – Share links to good information.
- Discussion – Ask interesting question to promote conversation
- Ask for Advice – People love to feel that they know something you don’t.
- Personal/Professional post – People want to get to know you but if you are posting personal on your business… keep it professional.
- Comment on what other people say – open up communication. Don’t just be a one way street.
- Recognize People – Build a community of recognition. Let people know that you care.
These are some very basic but extremely powerful tips on building your social media network. The success of your business depends on you being engaging and having fun. If you are not having fun you may be in the wrong business.
It is never too late to find the right business for you.
If you got value out of today’s blog post share with your family and friend by using the social sharing icons. I appreciate the share.
Do you recommend any social media networking tips? Would love to hear them, share your comment below.
Yours in Gratitude,
P.S. Stop the pain of struggling today. There’s an answer waiting on the other side, one simple system that I use to generate upwards of 20 leads a day for my business. (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here For Instant Access
4 replies to "Top Ten Social Media Networking Tips"