Just got back from a consult with a client today and one of the factors that we talked about was branding.
Like many of us, when we talk to someone in a business or owning a business we ask, how can I find you online?
So I brought my computer along and did a Google Search during our meeting….
It was an eye opener for my client.
Couple things we talked about…. ZERO presence online. It was impossible to find their website or social media because there was NOTHING to distinguish them. It was like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.
So I want to share with you some ways that you can begin branding yourself and building a strong presence online.
5 Secrets of Branding
- Who are you? Whether you are a small business or solopenueur your business needs to have a mission statement. What is your core value and vision.
- Google+ Page – If you are a local business and you want to show up locally, make sure you grab your Google+ page and claim your location! This is a crucial step that most small business owners miss.
- Imagery – Consistency of brand image. Make sure your cover photos and profile photos match across all social media marketing platforms. People remember images before they remember a name.
- Website – Have a Central Hub. All roads should lead back to your website. Social media is a marketing tool, your website is the sales page. Drive traffic back to your website. (Hire a website designer that understands SEO if you aren’t comfortable doing this yourself)
- Claim Your Social Media – Create brand consistency by grabbing your name on popular social media sites like Pintrest, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. (just to name a few) As a business owner you don’t have to use all of them, by staking claim to them NOW it’s going to be easier and cheaper than trying to get them later.
Owning a business is all about brand, marketing, and consistency. If you want to build your business. these 5 secrets of branding are essential to any business.
Brand Business Warning
If you are a solopreneur you can’t be every where at once online. Choose a single platform to build your audience and engagement.
Yes, I said grab your social media… but that doesn’t mean you have to be on all of them. If you can focus on one traffic source and get really good at using it to drive traffic and business to your site… THEN can you add another social platform for engagement.
At some point you are going to want to hire a social media manager as you continue to grow and market your business.
So my warning to you… have some patience and stay focused on your brand and the business you are building. There are tons of distractions out there. Only focus on the ones that serve your business the best.
If you got value for today’s blog post, please share on your favorite social media site. YOU ROCK!
What has been your biggest struggle with marketing? Share below in the comments. I would like to answer them in future blog posts and give credit back to you.
Yours in Gratitude,
Chef Katrina van Oudheusden
P.S. Stop the pain of struggling today. There’s an answer waiting on the other side, one simple system that I use to generate 1 to 7 leads a day for my business. (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here For Instant Access