A valid question and one that has a simple to follow process.
But the first question you need to ask yourself is what do you want to accomplish with your blog?
Is it for building a business? Getting more leads? Just for fun? Building a brand?
How you answer the question is going to determine how you start blogging.
For the purpose of this post… I am going to say we are focused on using our blog to build our business and expose our brand.
My targeted audience for this post will be network marketers.
Before You Start Blogging
First thing you need to understand when you start blogging as a network marketer is that you are not your MLM.
The most valuable asset to your network marketing business, is YOU. You have to use your blog to develop trust and educate people.
DO NOT name your blog after you network marketing company. Stand out from the crowd and brand YOURSELF!
Share with people why joining you is going to be a benefit to them. What do you have to offer? And if you are thinking, “I don’t have any thing to offer.” That is where you are DEAD wrong!
The best way to increase your value is to invest in yourself and your education. Become valuable.
Your story of how you got started with your network marketing company is a blog post.
The training you are getting from your upline can be a blog post.
This is just the beginning to how to start blogging.
Build Your Own Blog
Whatever you do… DO NOT use a free platform to build your blog. Why?
Because more free platforms like wordpress.com or Blogger.com have strict rules against network marketers. You will eventually get kicked off.
So where should you begin? You have two options.
- Do it yourself and get your hands on Blogging Ingredients. A step by step course that will walk you through the set up and marketing process of building your blog. Plus their weekly live training allows you to ask questions and get answers in real time.
- Outsource it and pay some to set up your blog for you. Recommend Fiverr.com and Odesk.com Both have their good points. They can help you set up the blog but you are still responsible for the content.
Personally for me, I like to understand the process and get the lingo, so I am a do it yourself kind of gal. But ultimately the choice is up to you. Neither is a bad option.
Content to Start Blogging
This holds more people back from blogging then anything else. People don’t think they have value or have anything to write about.
So I am going to give you a list of 10 Ideas you can use for your blog and some publication I read to help overcome writers block. (yes, even I struggle with what to write some days)
- How I got started in XYZ company
- What 5 things you need to know about XYZ company
- 3 things my upline never told me about online marketing
- Some training that just blew my socks off
- What happened at your network marketing conference
- How to present your XYZ opportunity to a new prospect
- Step by Step how I create my blog (team training?)
- A product review
- Testimonial and what’s next
- Any Ups and Downs you have had in your business
Some of my favorite resources to help me find content for my blog.
- Social Media Examiner
- What’s Working Now
- Current Events in the News
- Current Book on Leadership – Industry – Mindset
- Collection of Questions Prospects Ask (answer them in a blog post)
Are you ready to start blogging?
There is so much content around you and in your head that blogging would seem like the best way to get all that information out of your head.
You can start blogging today and be successful. It requires some training and some marketing know how.
I won’t lie… getting your blog started is the easy part… it’s the marketing and tiny details that are normally left out that have people frustrated and confused by blogging. That is one of the reasons why I recommend Blogging Ingredients.
It not only helps you set up your blog but provides you with the marketing skill you need to get your blog found!
Start blogging today and just do it. There is not such thing as perfection, it’s the lie we tell ourselves to keep us from taking action.
So learn the skills you need and start blogging. Your business will thank you for it.
Did you get value from this blog post on how to start blogging? If so, please share! You Rock!
Comment below if you are a blogger and how you got started. If you want to get started… let me know your biggest struggle.
Yours in Gratitude,
Chef Katrina van Oudheusden
P.S. Stop the pain of struggling today. There’s an answer waiting on the other side, one simple system that I use to generate 1 to 7 leads a day for my business. (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here For Instant Access