Getting Traffic to Your Blog
If you are just entering the world of blogging or have been blogging for a while getting traffic to your blog is a must.
What would be the point of blogging if no one read what you wrote? Ideally we create a blog to share our voice and products online.
My biggest struggle was driving traffic and it was the easy traffic that I was missing for a very long time. It was the traffic that didn’t cost me anything. The traffic that I was missing out was the traffic that I wasn’t willing to create.
What do I mean?
All I had to do was share my post without fear. I didn’t post my blog post for a very long time on my personal facebook page because I was afraid of the comments I would get. I didn’t share with people I knew because I was afraid of their opinion. I let fear keep me from driving traffic and potential customers to my site. I no longer have this fear and my following and traffic to my blog has increased.
How To Get More Traffic To Your Blog
Getting traffic to your blog is easy and simple. I have 3 tips I am going to share with you.
- Get social with your blog. Best way to get traffic to your blog is to share it with everyone. Make sure you are posting to these sites for maximum exposure.
- Facebook Personal page
- Facebook Fan Page
- Google+ (absolute must)
- Pintrest (put it in the right category)
- There are others and those are up to you. I also recommend onlywire for automated syndication of your content.
- Join Facebook blog groups for getting traffic to your blog. Just search blog group and join the one that is right for you.
- Ultimate Blog Challenge – This is a recent discovery for me. I am learning a lot and love the bloggers that are taking part in this. You can make new friends and find new blogs to follow. Extremely powerful tool. Connect with people and become part of this amazing group!
Getting traffic to your blog is more than just the keyword dense blog post. It is also about getting social and writing for your audience. Ultimately that is whom you are going to connect with, not the spiders and bots that are searching your site.
The trend is starting to change and google is picking up on this. The more engagement on your blog, the more value you share, the better the ranking you will begin to find. What other strategies do you have for getting traffic to you blog? Comment and Share below would love to learn more.
Thanks for hanging out with me today. If you would like some more training on this topic, you can join me on Blog Talk Radio every Wednesday at 10am EDT. To listen to today talk on Getting traffic to your blog… http://www.blogtalkradio.com/chefkatrina/2013/07/17/getting-traffic-to-your-blog
8 replies to "Getting Traffic to Your Blog"