Blog Help: 6 Email List Building Tips
Ask any blogger making money and they will say the money is in the list. Creating an email list has to be a top priority for any blogger.
Without a list how do your readers know when you post to your blog?
Without a list how do you let your audience know when you are running a special for your business?
Without a list how do you grow your following?
Did you know that there is a secret to building an email list?
Give them a value exchange.
Give them a reason to give you their email address. In the industry, we call this a bribe or offer. Yet it has to have value.
Think about what you are willing to trade your email address for. More Leads, Secrets, Unknown Information…. etc.
6 Email List Building Tips
1. The Offer – Give them something free in return for their email. It could be a PDF, Video, Podcast, or anything else you can think of. When you create this offer make sure you’re using an autoresponder to capture their email.
2. Add the Opt-in form to your About You page. If you got them to read all the way through, now would be a good time to have them opt-in to your offer or list.
3. Add Opt-in form to your sidebar above the fold. Let people know as soon as they land on your page that you have something free to give away.
4. Add Opt-in at the end of your post. If got someone who just stopped by your blog for the first time and read your post, invite them to get an update. Let them know that you are here to provide value.
5. Add Opt-in on the footer of your site. As people read and engage, give them the opportunity to get on your list. Don’t worry about the bribe or offer here. Invite them to learn more from you.
6. The dreaded Lightbox Pop Up – Now you may be shaking your head but this is a GREAT way to grow your list. Use caution and know your niche. For some industries, this can kill your conversions. So test it out and get feedback
Now I don’t have all of these on my blog, why? Because I know that you are part of the online crowd and know how to find an opt-in form and connect with me. 🙂
With that being said.. which opt-in forms are you using?
***Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook and/or Pinterest.***
Yours in Gratitude,
Connect with me on Pinterest
P.S. Stop the pain of struggling today. There’s an answer waiting on the other side, one simple system that I use to generate upwards of 20 leads a day for my business. (Unless You Already Have Too Many Leads) – Click Here For Instant Access
5 replies to "Blog Help: 6 Email List Building Tips"